Accountability Counsel seeks a Development Coordinator to work closely with the Executive Director to execute fundraising strategy at a high-performing legal nonprofit that amplifies the voices of communities around the world to protect their human rights and environment. Our approach pays particular attention to women, girls and other marginalized groups. Founded in 2009, our team operates in expanding global locations and with a $1.5 million budget.
The Development Coordinator will be based out of Accountability Counsel’s San Francisco office and will report to, and work in close collaboration with, the Executive Director. We seek to grow Accountability Counsel’s budget substantially over the coming years. As a new role in a growing organization, the Development Coordinator position offers the opportunity for professional development and growth.
Among other duties as may be required, the Development Coordinator executes Accountability Counsel’s fundraising strategy, including to:
- support a comprehensive fundraising plan and calendar, including production of a monthly development dashboard;
- ensure the Executive Director’s effective written, telephonic, and in-person engagement with current and potential donors (including foundations, individuals, law firms, and attendees at events);
- organize and execute events such as Executive Director-donor meetings, fundraisers, and speaking engagements;
- coordinate with and support the Board Finance Committee’s fundraising efforts;
- coordinate grant tracking, reports, and proposals;
- manage incoming donations;
- maintain electronic donor management systems;
- send thank you and tax letters to donors;
- manage and update mailing lists;
- conduct relevant research;
- participate as a team member in Accountability Counsel staff meetings to understand and communicate Accountability Counsel’s mission, values, and work; and
- continually seek to improve Accountability Counsel’s development systems and outcomes.
Skills and Abilities Required
The Development Coordinator is required to have:
- a Bachelor’s degree;
- a positive and friendly attitude, collaborative demeanor, and a sense of humor;
- superb interpersonal and written communication skills;
- honest, direct and transparent communication style;
- attention to detail and proven organizational skills;
- strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and make decisions in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive environment;
- commitment to professionalism and high level of concern for providing exceptional work product;
- ability to understand the need for and to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- an understanding of the particularities of working in a non-profit, public interest environment;
- interest in and commitment to the mission of Accountability Counsel.
Compensation and Benefits
Accountability Counsel offers comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience. We offer full coverage of health, vision and dental insurance, a retirement plan, sabbaticals, and professional development support.
To apply, please fill out the form below and upload a cover letter (stating your qualifications as they relate to the stated responsibilities and including whether you are legally eligible to work in the U.S.) and your resume.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position to be filled as soon as possible, so please apply right away. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding further steps in the application process.
Accountability Counsel is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation or other prohibited category. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply for this position.